An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Draftsperson. The required individual would work within a team tasked with re-modelling drawings:
• Using Teamcentre/NX and AutoCAD.
• Up-issue drawings to latest MOD standards.
• Produce change records in accordance with the company process.
• Maintain configuration control of drawings.
• HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Candidates without these qualifications will be considered, if they can demonstrate considerable relevant experience.
• Proficient at 3DCAD, NX7 preferred. Experience with other 3D CAD systems will be considered.
• Proficient at AUTOCAD 2D.
• Good, broad, mechanical engineering design knowledge.
• Good understanding of current Defence Standards.
• Good understanding of Engineering Drawing configuration control.
• Good communication skills both oral and written.
• Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Skills that would be an advantage
• Direct experience with UK/Canadian Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment.
• Knowledge of MoD Drawing Practice and configuration control.
• Ability to work to time/budget
• Team player but equally capable of working on their own
• Accurate and concise with information provided.