The end client: Delivers mission-critical solutions, services and cutting-edge technologies demanded by organisations within the Defence, Aerospace and National Security sectors.
Expat benefits: Married families Scheme, free accomadation, business class tickets for an employee + spouse + 2 children, medical insurance provided for employee and eligible family members etc
Annual leave: 2.5 days for each month of service with a total of 30 days a year in addition to official public holidays according to Saudi Work Law
Basic salary: £60 -£70k (UK TAX- FREE) negotiable DOE
Security clearance: The role will involve access to ITAR controlled material and UK Security clearance prior to deployment therefore candidates have to meet specific nationality and UK residence criteria.
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
* To understand, co-ordinate and implement Programme Export Control Compliance obligations. These include compliance with all company Export Control policies and procedures and compliance with all applicable Export Control regulations. Managing a broad range of Export Control issues, developing and delivering solutions to specific problems by applying approved solutions.
* Management of an Export Control team, including the delivery of outputs for the team, quality, cost and timeliness of the service delivered. Focus of the role is on the day to day management of the team; however, at this level is concerned with budgets and costs and on service improvement, i.e. the role carries defined annual service improvement objectives and targets.
* Extensive understanding and knowledge of Export Control procedures and legal requirements placed on the business. Is recognised as a SME in an area of Export Control activity
* Expertise in the application of Export Control laws and regulations to business activities including engineering, employment and supply chain practices, security arrangements, IM&T systems and business winning actions
* Development and deployment of relevant policies & procedures and advising other functions on how their own procedures and processes should be amended to align with obligations under Export Control laws and regulations
* Ability to conduct effective investigations, audits and comprehensive training at all levels
* Work on their own initiative and interpret and apply numerous complex and evolving Export Control regulatory requirements
* Able to advise and influence others including senior managers with credibility and confidence, operate as a seasoned professional sharing expertise with the business to ensure compliance
* Previous experience in Export Control or audit is highly desirable
* Ability to learn quickly and have the confidence to interact with all areas of the business, external contacts and at all levels
* Accept responsibility for and demonstrate a visible commitment to Quality. Lead by example and set high personal standards. Make time for Quality as an integral part of the role and actively communicate on Quality matters
* Influence stakeholders - explain difficult and sensitive subject matters to non-specialists, provide advice, guidance and direction
* Work with line managers to communicate and ensure they fully understand impact of Export Control, must persuade line managers to pursue a specified course of action even if this is contrary to the managers preferred direction