The Structures Engineer supports the Responsible Engineer during the life of the project and is accountable to the Responsible Engineer for the detailed design of those structural items defined by the Responsible Engineer. He/she is also responsible for supporting in the provision of design documentation as required to support project reviews, work package management activities as required and for raising significant issues as necessary.
The Structures Engineer liaises with the Design Office, Stress, Equipping (the definition of mostly thermal components), Assembly, Integration and Test, the system team and other departments as necessary to optimise the design definition and to ensure that all structural requirements for those items defined by the Responsible Engineer are met.
The Structures Engineer is responsible for the detailed checking of manufacturing drawings to ensure compliance with these structural design requirements.
The Structures Engineer is responsible for the release of Advanced Order BOMs, BOMs and ECO’s etc in Sprint. He/she will also be responsible for producing, early during the Customisation phase, a drawing release plan, endorsed by the project Responsible Engineer.
Skills/ Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree or equivalent in Mechanical/ Aeronautical Engineering or similar, or demonstrable relevant experience in lieu thereof
• Aerospace structural design process experience
• Previous experience in an aerospace structures design role (not components)
• Good communication skills
• Experience with composite materials and aerospace or other lightweight engineering
• Working knowledge of structural analysis
• Previous experience in the use of Catia V5 and Sprint
• PC Literate/ MS Office experience
• Supporting the Project Responsible Engineer during the lifecycle of the project and being accountable to the Responsible Engineer for the detailed design of those structural items as defined by the Responsible Engineer.
• Liaising with the Design Office, Stress, Manufacturing, Assembly Integration and Test, the Toulouse project team and other departments as necessary to optimise the design definition for those items defined by the Responsible Engineer and ensuring that all structural requirements are met.
• The detailed checking of manufacturing drawings to ensure compliance with all structural design requirements.
• Attending Team and Interface meetings to develop and maintain familiarity with the project.
• Supporting the Responsible Engineer to ensure long lead items are ordered and drawings released to manufacture On Quality, On Cost, and On Time.
• Supporting the Responsible Engineer in the provision of design documentation as required by project reviews.
• Supporting the Responsible Engineer with work-package management activities as required.