Our client, a leading defence company, are looking for a Mechanical CAD Designer to provide diverse skills, knowledge, expertise and experience in the mechanical design of multiple platform environments from submarines to aircrafts.
The candidate will have responsibility for the generation of manufacturing data for in-house design Military and Commercial electronic equipment to meet the operational requirements of airborne, seaborne, submarine and land based environments. The role will require the designer to operate within multi-functional project/product teams, involved in the design of complex, high performance sub-systems in agreed timescales. The position requires the use of their 3D CAD platform, Pro/Engineer.
* Generation of 3D CAD layouts and generation of manufacturing data
* Support the project engineering team - liaise with, and support other disciplines.
* Report on progress
* Comply with local and company processes and procedures (supported by the Thales Engineering team)
* Implementing change to existing manufacturing data (drawings and CAD files)
Skills and Desirable Experience:
* The candidate shall have a proven ability to produce conceptual and detail designs within the Pro/Engineer CAD tool.
* Generate Assembly and detail drawings and have experience in drawing free manufacture – machining direct from 3D CAD files.
* Configuration control within the 3D CAD environment – IntraLink and external product data management tools, e.g. TeamCenter.
* Working knowledge of military standards e.g. MoD and MIL
* Experience in the design of equipment for military environments e.g. 19” racks, cardframes, modules, and antennas.
* Experience in designing for shock, vibration and EMC.
* Good knowledge of materials and finishes.
* Experience in design of composite structures.
* Use of 2D CAD such as IDEAS would be an advantage for legacy product work
ADDITIONAL SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
We seek a Mechanical CAD Designer who has worked in a Military / Defence environment / industry within the last 12 months or who is capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).